Do you find yourself in the same cycle each week – day in and day out? Are you feeling frustrated about not being in a certain place in your life, ministry, business or career yet? If so, then it may be time for you to "stop going around the same mountain" expecting a different result. It may be time for you to break camp to possess what God has shown you.
One of my favorite scriptures is Deuteronomy 1 : 6-8 (NIV) which reads, "(6) The Lord our God said to us at Horeb," You have stayed long enough at this mountain. (7) Break camp and advance into the hill country of the Amorites; go to all the neighboring peoples in the Arabah, in the mountains, in the western foothills, in the Negev and along the coast, to the land of the Canaanites and to Lebanon, as far as the great river, the Euphrates. (8) See, I have given you this land. Go in and take possession of the land the Lord swore he would give to your fathers-to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob-and to their descendants after them. "
I want to share with you 3 key principles from this passage of scripture to help you to "Stop Going Around The Same Mountain."
1. You have stayed at this mountain long enough.
- Sometimes, you can get stuck in a place that you have become use to, comfortable in or a place that you are afraid to leave.
- Trust the voice of God, He will speak to you when you have stayed in a place too long. He will let you know when it is time to leave.
- Long enough is when you have "over stayed" your assigned time.
2. It's time to break camp.
- It's time for you to take some action steps to show some signs of turning away from the mountain. It's time to develop a plan of action to stop what you are doing to advance to the place you want to be.
- To "advance" means to move forward in position. It's an indication that it is time to make something happen to further your progress. It's time to go to higher heights – to the hills.
- It's time to for you to get moving in possessing the land.
3. Go in a take possession of the land.
- CONFIDENCE – you need to have an assurance that what God said is for you is for you. Read Philippians 1: 6 and Hebrews 10:35.
- COURAGE – you need a supernatural fearlessness and bravery to possess what's yours. Read Deuteronomy 31: 6-8, Joshua 1: 6-9, and I Corinthians 16:13.
- FAITH TO BELIEVE – Faith will never be magic, but a systematic spiritual process that brings to pass the will of God for your personal life. It's the key to everything!
If you are tired of repeating the same cycles, not going any further in life, you will have to stop going around the same mountain, break camp and possess what's yours.