1. Charities – Climbing Mount Everest is obviously going to get lot of attention, both from the media and also members of your local community. Why is this a good thing? Well, if you are climbing for a charity then you are going to gain more exposure, which, in turn, will mean more donations to the charity that you are climbing for. Due to the fact that climbing Everest is such a huge feat, more people are going to be interested in what you are planning to do, and they will want to know all about it.
2. Personal Achievement – Something as huge as climbing Mount Everest is bound to have a huge impact on your self- esteem, and also your self-belief. Not everyone is capable of doing such a thing, and it will take a lot of hard work and training to get to the point where you are actually able to climb Everest. The sense of achievement once you have completed your challenge is very likely to stick with you for the rest of your life. As well as this it can drive you to achieve even more in your life.
3. Fitness- As mentioned above, to get to the point where you are physically able to climb Mount Everest; you have to put a lot of effort into training and getting fit. You have to be in peak condition to be able to climb the mountain, or it could become a very dangerous venture to undertake. You also have to remember that the oxygen levels on the mountain are going to be very different to what they are on land. Obviously, all of this training and exercise is going to have a very positive effect on your overall fitness.
4. Life Changing – Climbing Mount Everest can be a truly life changing experience judging by what those who have challenged the summit have said. Once you have defeated Mount Everest, there is nothing that you can not do. You may even find that you are on the constant look out for a new challenge that can provide you with the same exhilarating thrill. Many people who have climbed Everest have gone on to tackle other peaks all around the world, and many have conquered them too. If you like a challenge, then Everest is definitely for you.
5. Adventure – Climbing Mount Everest can be the adventure of a lifetime. Whilst there are other mountains to climb all over the world, it is unlikely that you will get as much of a thrill as you would from climbing the world famous Mount Everest. Many people take on the challenge every single year, and all of them have said what a life changing adventure it has been. If you are an adrenaline junkie then climbing Mount Everest is likely to be a challenge that you would gladly uptake. You will never find another thrill like it, or another adventure that even compares to it.